500 gms flour
1tsp lemon zest
200gms icing sugar
For the Filling
300gms date paste,
170 gm cream
250 gms almond ground
1. Mix butter into flour with your finger tips until the mixture has a breadcrumb like texture.
2. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture and put lemon zest, icing sugar, eggs. Use your finger tips to mix
well until dough can be formed into a ball.
3. Knead dough lightly until it is smooth. Cover and chill for atleast 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix date paste, cream, ground almond.
5. Divide and shape the dough into small lime size portions. Flatten each of them and spoon a portion of the date paste in the middle and bring the edges to seal. Gently form each cookie with your hands.
6. Place cookies 1cms apart on a greased baking tray.
7. Pre heat oven to 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.