1kg chicken (cleaned & cut into small pieces)
½ coconut grated
3 onions chopped
8 long dried red chilies
3 green chilies
8 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
3tbsp coriander seeds
½tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp fenugreek seeds
tamarind small piece
1 sliced onion
salt to taste
1 cup thick coconut milk
- Heat ghee in a vessel. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and peppercorn. Sauté until it turns light brown.
- Add red chillies, garlic, green chilies.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté till transparent.
- Add the grated coconut and roast for 5 minutes.
- Now remove this mixture in a plate and let it cool.
- Grind this to a smooth paste along with tamarind and turmeric.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a vessel. Fry a sliced onion until brown. Add chicken and fry for some time. Add the ground paste along with its water. Bring it to boil on medium heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or till the chicken is done. Just before putting off the fire add the thick coconut milk. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with sanna or kori roti.