This is a very simple way of preparing ivy gourd. The same can be prepared by making it little spicy by adding little pepper/chilli powder. But I like it this way.
½ kg ivy gourd (tendli)
1 big pod garlic
3 dry chillies
2tsp olive oil/cooking oil
- Wash ivy gourd (tendli) and dry them. Keep them whole but remove the ends very slightly and crush them in the centre.
- Crush all the garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add the crushed garlic and fry until it becomes light brown.
- Add the red chillies and fry
- Add the ivy gourd, fry on very slow fire for some time.
- Add half cup water and let it cook on low heat until done.